Serving Size: 2 pax
What you'll need?
Souper Home Cook Kit
• Dashi Pack. 2 Packet (of your choice!)
• Haemul Powder. ± ½ Teaspoon
• Kelp Powder. ± ½ Teaspoon
• Himalayan Pink Salt. Sprinkle (to taste)
• Water. 1.2L
• Short-grain Rice. 1 Cup
• Yellow Onion. ¼ pc - Diced
• Carrot. ⅓ pc – Diced
• Zucchini. ⅓ pc – Diced
• Shiitake Mushrooms. 2-3 pcs – Diced
• Salmon. ½ fillet – Cut into small chunks
Souper Home Cook Tip: Wash & soak short-grain rice prior to cooking (i.e. soak in the morning if its for lunch to shorten cooking time).
• Garnish (Roasted Sesame Seeds & Seaweed Slices).
Sprinkle on cooked porridge.
Souper Home Cook Tip: You may choose to sprinkle other garnishes like chopped spring onions or coriander leaves.
• Seafood/Meat. 50g -100g (i.e. Fish, Chicken, Seafood, etc)
Souper Home Cook Tip: It could easily be a meat-free option by omitting the meat. It taste just as great!
Step 1: Soak Rice for 30 mins
• Rinse short-grain rice 2 to 3 times and leave it to soak for 30 minutes
Souper Home Cook Tip: This will soften the rice to shorten the cooking time. You may soak at least 15-20 mins but the boiling of porridge will take slightly longer.
• Set aside. Proceed with preparing the ingredients and Dashi
Step 2: Prepare Ingredients
• Dice onion, carrot, zucchini, shiitake mushrooms
Souper Home Cook Tip: Use a blender to dice the ingredients to save time!
• Cut Salmon into small chunks
Souper Home Cook Tip: You can use chicken or other fish type depending on preference.
Step 3: Cooking broth with Dashi Pack
Souper Home Cook Tip: You can use any dashi pack of choice
• Add 1200ml water (1 serving = 600ml)
• Boil on medium-high heat for 10 minutes!
• Set the pot of broth aside to proceed with the porridge cooking.
• Remove Dashi Packs
Souper Home Cook Tip: Pre-prepare Dashi stock in advance and store it in the chiller (up to a week). Simply pour to use when needed.
Step 6: Add in Meat & Season with Souper Garu (Natural Seasoning Powder)
• Add in Salmon Chunks.
• Add ±½ tsp of Haemul Powder and Kelp Powder
Souper Home Cook Tip: Depending on your preference, you may adjust the amount of powder i.e. for more kelp benefits, you may add slightly more into the porridge.
• Grind Himalayan Pink Salt into the porridge (to taste)
Souper Home Cook Tip:
- You may choose to omit adding salt if you are using Anchovy Powder or more Haemul Powder
- You may replace salt with soy sauce
- Unlike regular salt or sea salt, Himalayan Pink Salt contains lower sodium content over other types of salt. Hence, for a more savoury taste, you may wish to add slightly more. The overall taste profile of the pink salt is milder and less sharp.
• Stir evenly and mix well into the porridge
• Boil on medium-low heat for another 5 minutes
Step 3: Garnish & Serve!
• Garnish with roasted sesame seeds and seaweed slices.
• Enjoy the hearty and nutritious porridge!